Fletcher’s sells Butcher Cut Meats that include the famous Seattle Mariners official hot dog! Based in Washington state, they sell bacon, ham, fresh sausages, smoked sausages, and cooked sausages. For over 100 years they have sold their quality meats, including their famous seasoned bacon and sausages made from never-frozen meat. Visit their website for more products and recipes!
Little known outside of Tucson, Arizona, the Sonoran Dog is a magical medley of bacon-wrapped sausage with unusual toppings like pinto beans, avocado, spicy mayonnaise, and pico de gallo. Customize yours by stuffing the sausage with cheese before wrapping, adding queso, or serving on a hoagie.
- 1 package Fletcher’s Redhook Beer Bratwurst
- 5-8 strips Fletcher’s Dry Cured Bacon
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 5 bolillo rolls, lightly split (but not cut through), toasted
- Pico de gallo
- Green salsa
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Yellow mustard
- Wrap each Redhook Beer Bratwurst with a strip of bacon. You can add more pieces as necessary so it covers most of the sausage. Secure bacon with toothpicks.
- Grill bacon-wrapped sausages until bacon is crisp. Pro tip: If you want crispier bacon, grill one side of the bacon first, then wrap around sausage, grilled side in.
- Meanwhile, drain and lightly heat pinto beans.
- When sausages are hot and bacon is crisp, top each bolillo roll with a spoonful of pinto beans, sliced avocado, Redhook Beer Bratwurst, another spoonful of beans, pico de gallo, and green salsa.
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, and hot sauce and spoon or squeeze over hot dogs. Add a strip of yellow mustard and serve with a knife and fork.