How much business do you really get from social media? The answer is limitless. Social media influences more than just people, it influences search engines too! Google and other search engines are putting more and more priority on social media. That means the more interactions you have with social media the higher you can rate in search results.
Make this an advantage for your business! Utilize your social media to the fullest extent in order to get higher search rankings. There are many different social media websites to use: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, and many more. Be sure you pick the right site for your business.
Increase your SEO Rankings with Social Media
Some social media sites are general and work for all businesses, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus+. LinkedIn is also a general social media site but one geared for professionals. Pinterest and Instagram use photos to network—and businesses with products work well here. You can also look into Tumblr, Flickr, Reddit, Wanelo, Vine, Yik Yak, or VK. Be aware of location when reviewing these sites, VK is a European networking website and YikYak shares posts based on location radius. Social media sites can sometimes trend, perhaps you remember MySpace? So be aware of how many people view your social media pages and work with the trends.
Here are a few tips to make your social media page search engine friendly.
- Be sure to fill out every part of your business’s social media page and link it to your website!
- If the social media site allows multiple pages, such as Facebook’s pages, profiles, or groups—use them!
- Make sure your logo is on your social media page.
- Make sure you post regularly. It doesn’t matter if it’s daily, weekly, or monthly as long as you stick to your schedule.
- Always reference your business’s name and link back to your website when posting.
- Use photos or artwork that is appropriate to your business—photos attract readers!
- And be sure to keep your social media pages up to date.
Social media is important to your business, it’s a way to keep connected with your customers, to increase your search engine ranking, and to gain more customers. FireSpike LLC can help you understand and utilize social media for your business—contact us to learn more.